Act quick – these rebates won’t last!
New York Propane Gas Association (NYPGA) has continued the conversion-replacement rebate program for 2020, using PERC funds to support retention and growth of safe, efficient propane appliances in New York.
The available rebates for New York State residents were:
- Water Heater
$250 for converting from another fuel
$100 for replacing an existing propane unit
$350 for converting from another fuel
$200 for replacing an existing propane unit
In order to access these funds, the propane customer must submit their documentation through a propane marketer (CES). The rebate form is available here. This form needs to be completed and returned to Combined Energy Services for processing. All required documentation must accompany the form. Customers of Combined Energy Services receive a copy of all of the required paperwork including a copy of their leak test (typically a yellow copy) along with their equipment bill. The safety inspection is provided free of charge if you’re a customer of Combined Energy Services and purchase their propane through CES. Rebate checks are issued directly from the New York Propane Gas Association to the customer.
Changing your furnace or water heater to clean, high efficiency propane gas with Combined Energy Services before 09/30/2020 and you will get…
- Free oil tank removal
- Free propane tank install
- Free underground gas line up to 50 ft with pressure regulators
- Free leak / safety check**
I’m on auto pay! You are actually receiving a copy of your invoice, not another bill.
Customers that are on auto pay, either with a credit card or ACH, still receive a copy of the invoice for their records. That invoice is either mailed or emailed after the delivery AND payment has been made.
Please look in two places:
- On the top right side of the invoice. The account balance due will say $0.00 if your automatic payment was processed;
- On the bottom left side of the invoice. It will read “Please do not remit payment. The amount due for this delivery/service will be automatically deducted from the Checking/Savings or Credit Card that you have listed with us.”
If something didn’t process correctly, you will receive a call from one of our customer service representatives and the invoice will show an account balance due.
Interested in becoming an auto pay customer, call our office at 800-874-1975. If you wish to use a bank account (checking/savings) download the form here, complete the form and return via the method on the form.
How this pandemic affects your energy consumption
These are certainly unusual times. A virus, COVID-19, that is affecting the entire world in ways we’ve never imagine. A term, social distancing, that many have not heard before has left many at home.
We are now living in a new normal. The way we are living, and working have changed significantly. Right now, many of us are may be confined to the walls we call home. Only venturing out when absolutely necessary – for groceries, supplies, etc.
You may not give it much thought, but this can significantly affect your home heating fuel usage. If you’re on automatic delivery it can drastically impact our estimate of your usage.
For automatic delivery, there are quite a few factors that go into our estimate of your usage. Past usage history, degree days and K-Factor. Please refer to this blog post to learn more about our calculation process.
We’ve got degree days (Wow was it a warm winter!) and K-Factor but there is nothing in anyone’s previous usage history to account for what’s going on now. Nowhere in our automatic delivery program is there a checkbox for Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19.
This is where you come in. If you are on automatic delivery and have been practicing the #stayhome routine, you are undoubtedly using more energy – and perhaps blowing up the internet. Please check your propane gas and fuel oil gauges regularly. Should you notice your propane gas tank getting down towards 30% or your oil tank near ¼ give us a call.
This applies even more to customers who have moved into their second homes. Rather than have you run out because we don’t know you’re there, check your tank. Let’s #stayhomestaysafe and also let CES know when your tank is getting low. Call us at 800-874-1975 to order heating fuel.
We’ve been hearing about all kinds of offers from competing propane gas or heating oil companies that sound just too good to be true. Most are claiming below going market rates for a fixed term, such as a year or two. When these “introductory” rates expire you are stuck with their “market rate”.
What is their “market rate” and how long of a contract are you tied to? Is it lower than your current rate? Is there a high buy out? Is there a contract amount of fuel you must purchase in order to get the “low” price?
We’ve heard one where they want the existing company to come dig up their buried tank, leave the hole open and they will come and install a new tank where the old one was. First, it’s against code to leave an open hole in the ground. Why would they want another company to do this? Probably because they don’t have the equipment to do it themselves.
What are their fees – delivery fee, invoice & processing fees, energy fees and tank rental? Do they offer 24/7 service when you have a problem with your system? You need to read the small print and ask all the questions. Then determine whether it’s a good deal or not.
Why not just stick with an honest, local family owned & operated company that’s been servicing the area for over 50 years? We offer competitive rates, great service and no tricks or gimmicks. We’ve proven time and time again that when the going gets tough, we’ll be there to serve your home energy needs.
Budget Billing Levelizes Heating Bills
Many home heating customers enjoyed lower than normal heating bills due to the unusually warm winter. The Weather Channel is saying that this might be the warmest winter on record. Let’s face it, this is unusual and it’s highly unlikely to continue.
Combined Energy Services offers a program called Budget / Levelized Billing to help spread the cost of your winter heating bills over the course of the year. The Budget Payment plans are the smart way to heat your home or business. We look at your past heating bills or estimate your consumption and then spread the costs out over the entire year with smaller monthly installments. Our payment plans run for 12 months (May 1 – April 30).
How the program works
Starting in May, you begin making payments. These smaller monthly payments build up a credit in the warmer months. This credit then goes towards paying your higher winter bills. It’s important that you make all of your monthly payments in order to stay enrolled in the program.
What happens if I have a big credit or I’m starting to fall behind?
When the heating season comes to an end, if you have a large credit, we can issue a refund or apply it to your next year’s budget program. If you notice mid-heating season that you are beginning to fall behind, call the office and we will adjust your payment to compensate for the lack of reserve. Your bill will also be adjusted for next season.
Do you have different types of Budget Plans?
Yes, we do! We offer three different budget plans:
Plan A: “Balanced Budget Payment Plan with a “Fixed Price“:
- Your price will be fixed for all gallons consumed for the entire budget season regardless of whether the market price goes up or down.
- You will have 12 even monthly payments.
- There is no fee for this plan.
- Fixed pricing is available for propane only, not fuel oil or kerosene.
Plan B: “Balanced Budget Payment plan with a “Market Price“:
- All deliveries will be billed at the current market rate minus the $0.20 discount.
- This plan uses the local market rate & does not offer any price protection.
- You will have 12 even monthly payments.
- *This plan includes kerosene.
Plan C: “Balanced Budget Payment Plan with a “Capped Price“:
- All deliveries will be at the capped price or the current market price minus the $0.20 discount, whichever is lower.
- There is a cap fee of $0.12 per gallon for propane gas and $0.25 per gallon for fuel oil. The non-refundable cap fee is worked into the budget.
- You will have 12 even monthly payments.
- If your usage remains the same as we’ve estimated for the last 2 years, your payment can only go down!
Please make note of the following:
- The “CAP FEE” is a non-refundable fee for insurance that we charge the customer and pass on to our fuel suppliers. CES does not profit on this fee; we use this fee and buy “Put Option” Insurance on the NYMEX (New York Merchantile Exchange), to protect your gallons. This fee is “Non-Refundable” and will be applied to your account upon enrollment.
- Any credits that you have currently on your account have been taken into consideration when calculating the monthly payment. If for any reason you DO NOT want your credit used toward the plan, please tell one of our customer service representatives.Keep in mind, though, your monthly budget amount may increase by doing so.
- If you currently have a balance on your account, you must pay that balance in full before you can start the Balanced Budget Payment Plan.
- Capped Prices are subject to change daily, call today to find out the current capped price.
If you are interested in the budget program, call the office at 800-874-1975 or complete the form below and a representative will contact you.