The NYPGA 2019 equipment rebates program has ended. Due to the overwhelming interest in the program, funds were exhausted by April 30. Over 125 rebates from 40 companies, totaling $40,700+, were awarded.
New York Propane Gas Association (NYPGA) has continued the conversion-replacement rebate program for 2019, using PERC funds to support retention and growth of safe, efficient propane appliances in New York.
The available rebates for New York State residents were:
- Water Heater
$300 for converting from another fuel
$150 for replacing an existing propane unit
$400 for converting from another fuel
$250 for replacing an existing propane unit
In order to access these funds, the propane customer must submit their documentation through a propane marketer (CES). The rebate form is available here. This form needs to be completed and returned to Combined Energy Services for processing. All required documentation must accompany the form. Customers of Combined Energy Services receive a copy of all of the required paperwork including a copy of their leak test (typically a yellow copy) along with their equipment bill. The safety inspection is provided free of charge if you’re a customer of Combined Energy Services and purchase their propane through CES. Rebate checks are issued directly from the New York Propane Gas Association to the customer.
Changing your furnace or water heater to clean, high efficiency propane gas with Combined Energy Services before 12/31/19 and you will get…
- Free oil tank removal
- Free propane tank install
- Free underground gas line up to 50 ft with pressure regulators
- Free leak / safety check**
With the cold weather quickly approaching many people are preparing for the winter. Whether it is your car, home, or heating system, regular maintenance is the key to preventing problems. It is important for customers to be informed and proactive when it comes to protecting their homes.
The damage can be detrimental and have a major impact both personally and financially.
Learn how to protect your home this winter and for years to come:
Seasonal – Unoccupied Homes
No matter how you heat your home, maintaining your heat to a certain level is critical. Freeze-ups in an occupied/empty or unoccupied dwelling or home can cause expensive losses. This is especially important when it comes to second home owners because if you are not around, you will not know the damage being done. Water from broken pipes can flood a house in a matter of hours causing structural damage to the house and loss of personal property.
Remember that you have a responsibility to protect your home against damage arising from a drop in or loss of heat. This scenario can result in frozen pipes and water damage.
You should arrange for supervision of your home if you plan to be away from the premise for any length of time.
If you are a second home owner, or an absentee home owner, take advantage of CES’ Home Key Holder Program where we work with your smart thermostat or alarm company to ensure any emergency situation can be handled with a sense of urgency, regardless of where you are!
It’s better to be safe than sorry!
Fuel Delivery Lines
As our valued customer, we would like to make you aware of a potential problem that could occur with an unprotected fuel oil delivery line. These unprotected fuel delivery lines are made of copper and if in contact with concrete or below ground, may deteriorate, resulting in a line leak. In the event of such a leak, oil could be released, causing environmental damage that will require a costly clean up.
To avoid this exposure, both financially and personally, we suggest that you have your fuel delivery lines inspected and replaced with a sleeved line if necessary.
Contact us to assist you with this upgrade.
Tips For Maintaining Your Home Heating System
Prevent Leaks and Spills
Whether it is your car, home, or heating system, regular maintenance is the key to preventing problems.
Cleaning up oil leaks from home heating systems can be expensive. The average cost can range between $20,000 and $50,000, with some cleanups costing significantly more. Here are ways to save money, help prevent leaks and spills, and protect the environment.
- Visually inspect tank, piping, and fuel delivery line. If a leak is detected please notify us!
- Have Us:
- Clean the furnace and repair or replace damaged parts. A well-maintained furnace means lower fuel bills and cleaner emissions.
- Each fall: inspect the vent pipe to ensure that it is free of obstruction and that an audible signal (whistle) is on the vent. Oil company personnel listen for the whistle to help avoid overfills.
- When Appropriate:
- Remove abandoned fill and vent pipes immediately
- Clearly mark the location of the tank’s fill pipe.
- Install an oil safety valve or replace the fuel delivery line with one encased in a protective sleeve. These are inexpensive upgrades.
Remember, the older the heating system the more vulnerability to failure. Consider upgrading to a modern, fuel-efficient system.
By properly maintaining your seasonal unoccupied homes, fuel delivery lines and home heating systems, you can feel secure that your system will be more efficient, it will save time and money, and prevent environmental issues. Combined Energy Services can help you abide by these guidelines. Call today to schedule a service with a our experienced technicians!
Combined Energy Services is the Hudson Valley and Catskill region’s leader in underground propane gas tank service installing more than any other gas dealer in the region.
We make going underground easy as 1-2-3 with over 50 years experience!
The process is simple:
- One of our site sales people will visit with you or your contractor, determine the size tank needed, location and discuss all the details.
- When gas is used for central home heating, Combined Energy Services offers buried tanks leased for $1 per year.
- We love to bundle! Along with your central home heating, you can tie your propane to other applications such as back up electric generator or a pool heater, we offer competitive pricing!
Why do we lease the tanks? Leasing is the most consumer friendly option, since codes require all propane tanks to be re-tested every two years to make sure the sacrifical magnesium anode bag that acts as a ‘decoy’ to corrosion, is still working and we replace as needed.
You can never bury a propane tank and ‘forget about it’ since steel in the ground can deteriorate in time so proper maintenance is a mandatory requirement. (If anyone is trying to sell you a tank otherwise – you need to ask since homeowners insurance companies and code enforcement & fire officials know the regs).
We handle the install from start to finish with the largest in-house excavation fleet in the propane industry in the tri-state region or we can work with your excavation or landscape contractor.
Already have a buried tank with another gas supplier and want to see about switching to Combined Energy Services? Not a problem! Our sales rep can go over all the options and work with you to make the change seamless.
Combined Energy Services services a wide territory including New York (Sullivan, Orange, Ulster, Delaware, Greene, Dutchess & parts of Putnam & Rockland Counties). New Jersey (Sussex, Morris, Passaic & Warren Counties), Pennsylvania (Pike, Wayne, Monroe Counties). From Tuxedo to Shandaken, to Stroudsburg to Roscoe to Monticello, to Lake Wallenpaupack, Lake Hopatcong, Franklin, New Paltz, Saugerties, to Callicoon, to Honesdale — CES has your underground tank needs covered! Contact us today at 800-874-1975 or complete the form below:
There are many, many choices for heating fuel oil & propane gas providers – but when it’s cold and the heat goes out in your home – our customers know they can rely on Combined Energy Services 24 hours per day.
Since 1968, we’ve grown based on giving great service to our customers – way beyond “just” delivering fuel. From the first call to CES, our service department can handle getting your account set up where we make it easy & you know your in good hands. Our service department offers our gas & oil customers:
- repairs of existing oil & gas heating systems 24 hours per day;
- installations of new high efficiency heating systems & air conditioning systems including wall hung “mini split” wall mounted AC units that cool single rooms without ductwork;
- factory trained service technicians with constant continual education on the latest advancements in technology;
- the most up to date electronic diagnostic analysis equipment available to make sure that your heating system is opeating at the highest possible efficiency. (long gone are the days of the plumber “eye balling” a burner, today we use computerized technology to assure the highest efficiency possible). Our techs can provide a digital report when your service is completed;
- installations of gas fireplace logs, space heaters, floor furnaces, back-up electric generators, fire pits & outdoor fireplaces, swimming pool heaters – if it burns propane or oil – we sell, install & service it;
- technicians that undergo a complete background check & adhere to our “zero tolerance” policy for drug use with company-wide 14 panel drug screening pre-emplyment & randomly. We want only the best!
- 24 hour dispatch service with rotating technicians that have service vehicles & parts available when our customers need service regardless of the time of day.
- Complete installation, replacement or removal of both fuel oil tanks and propane gas tanks.
Why not find out why thousands of customers all over the lower Hudson Valley / Catskills of New York, Eastern Pennsylvania’s Poconos and Northern New Jersey choose Combined Energy Services as their fuel & service provider. One call does it all – 24/7.
For more information, feel free to call: 800-874-1975, click HERE for our branch locations or complete the form below.