The two main goals of any restaurant owner: keep operating costs down while keep customers coming back!
The profit margin in restaurants paired with high electric and heating costs make taking a look at propane worth it. And the risk can’t be taken lightly when it comes to any downtime or impact on operations from an unreliable source of energy.
In addition to fueling the energy-efficient appliances that keep your utility bills low and your guests comfortable and satisfied, building with propane provides an opportunity to offer delightful amenities that turn your guests in regulars.
Benefits of Propane: Here are a few reasons using propane in your restaurant could be beneficial for your operation and your customers.
- Outdoor Upgrades – Outdoor propane appliances provide your customers with an unique ambiance that they will not forget. Outdoor lighting, patio heaters, fire pits, hearths, and decorative flame features provide decorative surroundings as well as extend your seating areas to the outdoors and extends your outdoor seating season. On the other hand, when the weather is colder, having radiant snow-melting systems installed in walkways, stairways, entrances provide additional amenities, as well as safety functions.
- Inside Benefits – Restaurants are filled with kitchenware and appliances utilized for cooking that could easily be converted to propane. The advantage is clear as propane’s main perk is its efficiency. A variety of equipment such as buffets, stoves, ovens, fryers or rice cookers would be powered with propane. In addition to kitchen appliances, higher efficiency propane furnaces, water heaters and cooling appliances are an affordable, efficient and environmentally-friendly heating option that is economical to operate.
- Cooking is More Precise – Cooking with propane provides instant heat and precise control. The elements instantly start to produce heat which means less time wasted waiting to heat up. When the stove is turned off, the flame goes out, which means the elements also cools faster. This causes less ambient heat to be created, and more control over your cooking.
- Safer – The characteristics and regulations applied to propane makes it one of the safest fuels when compared to others such as gasoline, diesel and natural gas.
- More Reliability – There is always a risk of power disruption to your restaurant due to various reasons. You can’t afford any downtime from a power outage. Standby Generators, powered by propane, provide insurance against any power disruption. For businesses with refrigerated food, uninterrupted power supply is critical. While storms, unpredictable weather, and unreliable power grids create uncertain supply of electricity, propane is safe and dependable energy source that won’t fail in a storm.
Every restaurant owner cares about the quality of service that is provided. Building and renovating with propane appliances can help slash energy costs and deliver key performance abilities that are vital to their business. Contact CES at 800-874-1975 for details or click here for a no obligation quote.
Propane Gas Overhead Radiant Heating – The SMART Choice for Commercial Buildings
A propane gas overhead radiant heating system installed by Combined Energy Services emulates the efficiency of the sun. This method of heating allows the source of heat to begin at floor level – not the ceiling level. Once the infrared energy is absorbed by floors, machinery, vehicles, stock and people, it’s re-radiated to warm the surrounding air. This makes it the most efficient and effective heating method for diverse conditions present in warehouses, storerooms and other immense structures.
What is Infrared Heating?
Infrared heats people, floors, walls and other surfaces directly without heating the air first. The result is an instant warming effect, similar to the effect felt when the sun emerges from the clouds on a chilly day. When heating an enclosed building this way, objects in the space absorb the emitted infrared energy. Once absorbed, the energy is converted into heat which in turn warms the surrounding air. With convection space heating, the air must first be heated and then circulated in order to warm objects and people in the space.
Through various methods of heat transfer (radiation, re-radiation and convection) the air is heated secondarily as it passes over the warm concrete. Therefore, the heaters can be controlled by air temperature sensing thermostats.
This methold of heating, as opposed to filling a room with warm air (such as a forced air furnace) allows the source of heat to begin at the floor level and not the ceiling. This makes it the most efficient and effective method in which to heat under the diverse conditions that exist in warehouses, storerooms and even outside dining areas for restaurants.
Why radiant heat with Combined Energy Services?
- Almost 50 years propane installation experience
- Handle your install from start to finish including heaters, piping, tanks & propane gas
- Service: our trained techs are available 24/7 to handle any problems which may arise
- We install the best brands on the market
- Heating experience: over the last 50 years CES has installed dozens of commercial radiant heating systems with experience 2nd to none in the region, backed by the manufacturers which assist us on every system design to ensure proper heating every time!
For more information or free estimate to see if overhead radiant can work for your building — call 800-874-1975 or fill out the form and we will contact you promptly.
CES – The First Choice for Forklift Propane Gas in NY, NJ & PA
When your business counts on propane gas for the life-blood that keeps your forklifts running – then Combined Energy Services is the partner to keep your vehicles running and budgets met.
Since 1968 we’ve been taking care of commercial customers all over the tri-state region with:
- Propane exchange cylinders for forklifts & industrial vehicles
- Prompt deliveries of propane based on weekly automatic exchanges or “call-in” as needed
- Wide array of other gases & welding supplies through our Allgas Welding Supply division including: oxygen, acetylene, nitrogen, helium, argon, CO2, beer gas blends, propylene and a wide variety of specialty blended gases.
- Temporary heating for construction sites with heaters of all sizes available
- Permanent propane supply & distribution systems for commercial buildings, farms, restaurants & homes
- 24 hour emergency service
- Commercial propane installations up to 30,000 gal tanks & tractor trailer bulk deliveries
- Propane refueling stations for on-site refilling of cylinders by your staff if better suits your needs
Forklift Propane – Advantages of Propane: Propane powered forklifts offer numerous advantages over electric, diesel and gasoline powered alternatives. These reasons explain why over 80% of the spark ignition forklift market is fueled by propane gas. There are now over 500,000 forklifts running on propane gas in the USA today.
No Hassle Refueling: The time required to refuel is minimal when compared to electric or natural gas models. It takes only 5 minutes to change a propane cylinder whereas an electric forklift can take up to eight hours to recharge. At Combined Energy Services and our sister welding supply company – Allgas Welding Supply have service availble 24 hours per day and regularly scheduled deliveries during the week as needed.
Budget Friendly! Forklifts by propane are the most economical to operate especially when compared to expensive electricity in the tri-state region. Add in “demand charges” when the battery chargers kick on and make the meter spin driving up your monthly bill tremendously. Propane can save over 60% vs electric in the tri-state region. In addtion — we can FIX the price of propane for up to 12 months so your budget can remain FLAT. In addition, propane powered forklifts earn a tax credit due to the cleanliness of their combustion engines. To learn more – click here.
Maintenance: Since propane produces lower amounts of engine deposits than gasoline or diesel, maintainance is minimized. Propane engines often last twick as long as their gasoline counterparts.
Theft resistant and environmentally friendly: Propane forklift cylinders are less likely to walk off your property than cans of gasoline & diesel fuel in addition to eliminating the chance of a spill durning refueling.
Safety: All propane forklifts have automatic shut-off safety features that stop the flow of fuel in the event of an accident. In addition, all propane tanks, fuel lines and carburetion components are required to meet strict national safety specifications. With our cylinder exchange service, CES eliminates the need for dispensing propnae on your property saving you valuable time for the employees. We carefully inspect cylinders each time they are returned to our facility for refills, remove dangerous cylinders from service, replace or repair leaky valves and replace o-rings. Furthermore, we’re happy to provide propane safety training to your staff on the handling, storage, replacement and usage of propane gas cylinders.
Service: This is what truly separates CES from the big nationwide companies that forgot what giving great service was long ago. Their focus is on the dividends to their stockholders, not taking care of the customers we’ve thankfully found. We promise to deliver a level of service that’s above & beyond what you get from any other propane or gas supplier in the region. We will work harder scine we have a vested interest in your businesses success.
How to get started or obtain a quote?
Feel free to call us at: 800-874-1975 or fill out the form below. We’ll have a member of our sales team contact you with options and pricing.
Proud to service Orange County NY, Sullivan County NY, Sussex County NJ, Rockland County NY, Pike County PA, Ulster County NY, Wayne County NY, Warren County NJ, Passaic County NJ, Delaware County NY & Dutchess County NY. (and even a part of Monroe County PA!).
As the price of gasoline continues to rise, the cost savings from converting fleet vehicles to PROPANE AUTOGAS increases. That’s because propane is cheaper than conventional gasoline, ethanol based gasoline and by far – diesel fuel on a net fuel cost basis. In fact, the fuel savings for a high mileage vehicle can offset the cost of the conversion usually in less than 12-18 months, saving the owner $30,000 – $36,000 over a 6 year life span of this vehicle. This savings can practically PAY FOR THE VEHICLE in fuel cost savings.
Maintenance costs do not increase for converted vehicles. In fact, by converting to clean burning propane, it may be feasible to extend oil changes which reduces fleet maintenance costs.
Go Green! Propane Autogas offers the lowest overall life-cycle fuel costs to high consumption vehicles while reducing Greenhouse Gases (GHG) emissions and improving air quality. Great PR to tell your customers and the public that you care about the environment and your fleet is ‘going green’!
Fuel injection technology & bi-fuel ability (propane OR gasoline): Today’s fuel injected engines are significantly improved over the old carbureted technologies used in the 1980s and 90s. Typically, these modern fuel injected systems with sophisticated computer controls work directly with your vehicle’s OEM computer system to “trick” the engine to think it’s on gasoline. Your engine today can often run on straight gasoline, E5, E10, E85 or propane gas and it won’t know the difference due to the fuel injection and computer systems that regulate all engine controls. This means no driver involvement, runs seamlessly and if you run out of propane on your route, the vehicle switches back to gasoline with no involvement of the driver. This doubles your vehicle’s distance they can travel essentially – but you’d rather get back full of propane for the $$ savings!
Refueling can be done AT YOUR FACILITY since CES can install tank & dispensing equipment and train your staff. No more wasted time at C-Stores, no risk of employees filling an extra gas can in the back or topping off the spouse’s car – not that this happens with your fleet, but we’ve seen it many times before. With a refueler tank at your facility – your fleet can fill right in your own yard as needed.
If you have a high mileage fleet — feel free to contact Combined Energy Services today for more information and to arrange a test drive at your facility. As of May 2014, CES has the one of the largest privates fleets of “hybrids” in the tri-state region with 19 vehicles running on propane autogas. We’d be happy to let you drive one to prove to yourself that there is zero performance difference, same MPG, same acceleration. Just big $$ savings.
Fill out the request form below or call us today: 800-874-1975
To learn more check out our autogas page: www.autogasnewyork.com
Or download our full brochure here
Whether you’re renovating an existing structure, building a new home, pouring concrete in the cold weather or building a new commercial building – let the professionals at Combined Energy Services handle the temp heating side of your project!
We’ve been working with contractors for over 50 years to make sure temps stay workable on jobsites of all sizes since downtime costs money everyone knows.
- propane tanks installed of all sizes when you need them (small portable 100 lb cyls to 1000 gal tanks);
- blower heaters & miles of rubber hose rented at amazingly reasonable pricing;
- dependable propane deliveries at competitive pricing to keep your budget in check;
- the service staff to make sure your project runs smoothly, tanks & heaters moved as you need.
In addition, we offer DIESEL FUEL delivery – both off-road and on-road. Delivered directly into your equipment or to a loaned site tank on your schedule. CES is truly the one call for you energy needs!
Some of the jobs we’ve worked with include: Rite Aid, Family Dollar, NYS Prisons, Super Wal-mart, Lowes, Home Depot, highway bridge concrete curing jobs, Shop Rite Supermarkets, Verizon, Kohls, Galleria Mall, large manufacturing facilities & office comlexes and endless residential contractors all over the Hudson Valley, North NJ and Eastern Pennsylvania.
Where we service:
New York: Sullivan, Orange, Rockland, Ulster, Delaware, Dutchess, Greene, Putnam
Pennsylvania: Pike, Wayne, Monroe
New Jersey: Sussex, Warren, Passaic, Morris
To learn more about our TEMP HEAT SERVICE for the tri-state region click HERE.
One call gets it all. Feel free to call 800-874-1975 or fill out the form on the right for more information from one of our seasoned field sales specialists.