Automatic Delivery is a free service offered to all credit approved customers. The service is intended to assist customers from running out of fuel. Our automatic delivery system is designed to deliver propane or fuel oil when your tank is approximately 35% full. We track information that will affect the schedule of your delivery, including degree days and prior consumption. This allows you to always have fuel when you need it!
Benefits of Automatic Delivery:
- No more waiting – We try to handle “Will-Call” deliveries as fast as possible mixing in with our automatic delivery route, but in the cold of the winter it can take up to 5 – 7 business days since there are hundreds of orders coming in daily. The colder the weather, the harder it is for fuel distributors to keep up and plan routes – so automatic delivery ensures you’re on our schedule no matter the temperature or weather.
- No more scheduling deliveries;
- No more gauge checking;
- No more costly run out situations;
- Receive additional discounts when enrolled;
- Get even more protection with our remote tank monitoring system;
- You’re able to sign up for our “Balanced Budget Payment Plan” that levels out your heating bills over 12 monthly payments and you receive our best price in addition to being able to “cap” your winter heating costs.
Contact us today to sign up for automatic delivery, before you’re left out in the cold!
*Automatic delivery is not a guarantee of never running out of fuel. There are many variables, such as increased fuel consumption due to issues in unattended homes and inclement weather that make such guarantees impossible.
Does Automatic Delivery Cost More Money?
NEVER! We encourage automatic delivery so that we can effectively plan our delivery routes, especially during the long cold winter months when weather can greatly affect our capabilities to make timely deliveries. There is never an additional cost to be on automatic delivery and, in fact, our Cap Price Balanced Budget Plan customers saved over $1 per gallon last winter. Saving money is what we’ve been doing for our heating oil and propane gas customers for the last 50 years!
Propane Cellular Tank Monitoring
CES offers our customers that heat with propane a free cellular monitor that tells us exactly how much propane is in your tank all the time. Therefore, there’s no need to have to worry about call for gas again. These monitors are especially great for weekend home and those with sporadic heating schedules. Effectively eliminating the fear of running out of gas.
What are Degree Days?
Heating degree days are a calculation designed to reflect the demand for energy needed to heat a home or business. We use this system to calculate your next delivery.
Heating degree days are calculated by subtracting the average daily temperature from 65 degrees. For example: on a cold day in January the high temperature may be 20 degrees and the low temperature 0 resulting in an average daily temperature of 10 degrees (subtract 10 degrees from 65 degrees and you made 55-degree days on that day).
We will calculate your next delivery based on degree days and historical usage if available. It may appear we deliver every so many weeks, but the fact is we base delivery solely on the outdoor temperature and your prior gallons delivered. You should notify us of any changes that may affect your usage.