Propane gas has been a commercial engine fuel for over 80 years powering over 4 million vehicles across the world. Propane is the third most popular engine fuel after gasoline & diesel fuel. Propane is clean, cost effective, safe and a reliable alternative fuel.
Important Notice – Pennsylvania Residents:
As of Dec 2015, The Department of Environmental Protection continues to offer $1,000 rebates to assist with the cost of purchasing a propane fueled vehicle.
This rebate is for PA residents who purchase new vehicle (OEM/Certified Retrofit only) with less than 500 miles.
Companies are not eligible for this rebate.
To view the Alternative Fuel Vehicle Program Guidelines and Application: Click HERE.
Clean Alternative Fuel: Going Green!
- Of all alternative fuels available, propane offers the best mix of durability, performance and driving range.
- Clean burning: Many fleet owners report on the average, an extended 3 years service life and extended service intervals between required maintenance. Engines can last 2 times longer than gasoline engines and spark plugs from a propane powered vehicle last from 80,000 t0 100,000 miles.
- Propane vehicles have the longest driving range of all clean-burning fuels.
- Bi-Fuel Ability: Today’s conversion kits allow fuel injected engines to run on either propane gas or gasoline extending your driving range if away from your home supply area. No adjustments are needed, simply flip a dashboard switch and chose your fuel to run on.
Propane Powered Vehicle Conversion:
For the fleet, CES will install everything you need from start to finish including tank, pump & meter at your fleet headquarters. Card-lock systems are also available that can track each vehicle’s consumption electronically. Each employee can be easily trained on the safe refueling practices in less than an hour. Typical Propane Autogas Fill Stations
A wide variety of sizes & shapes are available to fit just about any vehicle on the market. These tanks are over 20 times thicker than a standard gasoline tank and come equipped with safety valves that shut the flow of gas if a fuel line were ever severed.
Typical Saddle Tank Installation
Economics: SAVE 50-70% on Gasoline or Diesel costs!
Propane gas has an extensive price & tax advantage over gasoline today. Many fleet owners can expect to save 50-70% on annual fuel expenditures over gasoline. In addition to the savings on the cost of fuel, there are both federal and state tax incentives for conversions to clean burning alternate fuels. These tax credits = big savings to you as the fleet owner.
Firms save by converting fleet vehicles to propane!
Diesel Fuel – Propane Injection
- Lower operating costs
- Increase horse power
- Increase fuel mileage (Gain 1-3 mpg!)
- More pulling power
- Better acceleration
- Maintain speeds on hills
- Increase engine life
- Remote in-cab adjuster
- Save on highway fuel taxes
- Refill just like diesel & readily available
Click on the image to learn more