Combined Energy Services is offering free driver practice training & truck for road test
Please note the info session on July 2, 2019 is FULL.
We’ve met hundreds of people in the area that would love to have a career driving & delivering but simply can’t obtain it since they don’t have access to the proper truck for practice time or for their road test unless they sign up for a costly driving school which is normally during the day and far away. Our company is growing fast and we need CDL drivers full time, part time and seasonally in winter. Catch 22 – we need drivers and people that want to drive but can’t get their license. Well, we can’t wait for the government to solve our problems – we’re taking it on full speed and creating careers which allow people to make more money to better support their families!
Train in our truck, our diesel, our CDL licensed trainer
We’re committed to finding & training the best delivery staff out there as we have for the last 50+ years. CES is offering free time behind the steering wheel in a Class B, 33,000 lb truck or Limited Class A – single axle truck pulling non-goose neck style trailer evenings and weekends with a licensed CDL driver as required by law. We know that many people work during the day, can’t give that up with bills to pay, so we’re offering this after normal working hours.
What’s the Catch? We’re looking for safe, dependable delivery drivers. In trade-off for this training in our truck with a CDL licensed trainer and for the use on your road test we look for the following in return:
- Work for CES a min of 24 hours per month for the following 9 months after you get your CDL. This can easily be accomplished if you come on-board full time as a delivery driver or can be on a part time basis with our flexible schedule of days, eves, weekends through coordination with our dispatchers.
Will I get paid? Not to train, you’re not our employee. After you have your license & haz-mat endorsement – YES! CES has over 125 local people on our Team and has been in business since 1968. That’s 50 YEARS! We have a modern, well maintained fleet of delivery trucks & 7 local storage / distribution facilities. We offer a competitive hourly wage, health & dental benefits for individuals or family, 401k retirement plan, paid vacation & holidays, uniform, huge home fuel / heating discounts and room for advancement.
What does CES Deliver?
- Home Heating Fuel Oil and Propane Gas to residential & commercial customers throughout the region;
- Liquid Chlorine to commercial swimming pools during the warmer months through our Wechsler Pool Supply division;
- Bulk Carbon Dioxide (CO2) to restaurants, bars & microbreweries throughout the northeast through our Tri-State Carbonation Service division;
- Compressed Gases in cylinders to commercial customers through ourAllGas Welding Supply Division;
- We have distribution facilities in Sullivan, Orange, Pike & Sussex Counties as well in Albany NY.
What’s required: (Psssssss—– this is YOUR part —— it’s not that hard…… two things):
- You must obtain your CDL learner’s permit by taking the written test at the DMV office. You also need to make sure you take the portion for TANK & AIR BRAKES when testing.
- You must obtain your Driver’s Physical Card as required by the USDOT. This can be done through many area physicians or through Partners in Safety which has offices throughout the Hudson Valley NY.
How do I get started after I have my permit & DOT Physical Card?
When you have these, we’ll schedule an interview with our Hiring Team for a quick 15 minute face to face and to give you a driver’s application if you like us and we like you! From there, we will perform the following before we set-up road driving time which CES will pay for:
- 13 panel drug screen
- Drivers License check
At this point if both are clean, we will set up a schedule you for your road driving time with one of our CDL trainers in one of our CDL B trucks (33,000 lbs) or with your CDL Limited A, in a truck and tag-along trailer. We suggest that you immediately get signed up with DMV for your road test as dates fill quickly. Some people only realistically need a few hours behind the wheel before they’re ready for their test, others might take longer. Our trainer will let you and us know how you’re proceeding. If you’re a total hazard or dummy, the trainer reserves the right to pull the plug and we’re done.
Once I pass my road test – how do I get my Haz-Mat & Tanker Endorsement so I can drive for CES?
- Haz-Mat Test: You must take the written hazardous materials test at the local DMV which CES will reimburse for the expense upon passing. No one likes tests, we know, but it’s all in the simple book and common sense.
- Background Check: You must go for your FBI / Department of Homeland Security Background Check / Fingerprinting. Upon approval by the agencies, you’re notified by US Mail and we’ll reimburse you for this cost. If you’re not approved, chances are you’ll be picked up by Homeland Security & vanish for Guantanamo Prison.
What if I don’t pass the road test?
That can happen, we’ll work with you on taking it again.
What if I keep failing the road test?
We’ll get tired of wasting our time and yours, we’ll break the news to you that we’re giving up since not everyone gets a trophy in life but we’re hoping you make it! (and you won’t have to pay us back for training as we’ll feel pretty badly for your poor driving skills and abilities).
What if I don’t fulfill my end of the deal after getting my CDL and either obtain my haz-mat license or don’t end up working the minimum 24 hours monthly for the next 9 months?
You are going to have to sign an acknowledgement ahead of time agreeing that you’re utilizing our truck, fuel, insurance & trainer to obtain this license. You will owe CES $700, that we’ll actively pursue via this agreement plus any reimbursement for the hazmat license costs we provided. But why not work at least 24 hours per month? You’ll be getting paid and we’re hoping you’re going to come on full time or steady part time / or seasonal !
What if I’m a sissy and don’t want to work in the cold delivering propane or home heating oil in Winter?
Life’s not easy, but lots of people do it every day! The owner of the company was out with his 15 year old daughter many nights over last winter and she was able to pull the hose out & fill tanks with her dad. It’s really not that difficult or physically demanding! But if you don’t like being outside in the cold, this might not be the job for you. Truth is, it keeps you physically fit and if you’re one that likes to be out seeing new things, keeping active, driving – this might be perfect for you!
How do I get started or if I have other questions?
Fill out the simple form below and in the message, let us know you’re interested in working with CES on getting your CDL and on the road to a new career!
Or call us: 845-794-6226 — say you’d like to speak with someone regarding CDL training!
Get on the road to a great new career — we’re here to help!