Act quick – these rebates won’t last!
New York Propane Gas Association (NYPGA) has continued the conversion-replacement rebate program for 2020, using PERC funds to support retention and growth of safe, efficient propane appliances in New York.
The available rebates for New York State residents were:
- Water Heater
$250 for converting from another fuel
$100 for replacing an existing propane unit
$350 for converting from another fuel
$200 for replacing an existing propane unit
In order to access these funds, the propane customer must submit their documentation through a propane marketer (CES). The rebate form is available here. This form needs to be completed and returned to Combined Energy Services for processing. All required documentation must accompany the form. Customers of Combined Energy Services receive a copy of all of the required paperwork including a copy of their leak test (typically a yellow copy) along with their equipment bill. The safety inspection is provided free of charge if you’re a customer of Combined Energy Services and purchase their propane through CES. Rebate checks are issued directly from the New York Propane Gas Association to the customer.
Changing your furnace or water heater to clean, high efficiency propane gas with Combined Energy Services before 09/30/2020 and you will get…
- Free oil tank removal
- Free propane tank install
- Free underground gas line up to 50 ft with pressure regulators
- Free leak / safety check**
Whether’s it’s home heating fuel or service – you can count on us!
We’ve certainly met a few challenges since 1968. There’s been blizzards, power outages, tornadoes and fuel shortages but we’ve never seen anything quite like COVID-19. Our new normal seems to change daily and we’ve had to adapt the way we do business.
Here’s a few things we’ve changed in order to keep our employees and customers safe:
- We’ve transferred most of our office staff to working from home. That includes not just our great customer services reps but also our delivery drivers and service techs. Drivers and service techs come to our branches for supplies and head back out.
- Reduced hours or closed our storefronts for walk-in traffic. Most storefronts have drop boxes and you can always call in for deliveries or payments. Don’t forget about our smartphone app and our online customer portal.
We have always been available over the phone and not just 9 am – 5 pm. Our office opens at 7 am and we have representatives available into the evening. Emergency services is available 24/7 and you will speak with one of our own employees, not someone in another state or country.
There is still service available. We’re trying to keep contact between our employees and customers to a minimum. If someone is sick in your home, let us know so that precautions can be taken.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work out these challenges. Together we will get through this.
I’m on auto pay! You are actually receiving a copy of your invoice, not another bill.
Customers that are on auto pay, either with a credit card or ACH, still receive a copy of the invoice for their records. That invoice is either mailed or emailed after the delivery AND payment has been made.
Please look in two places:
- On the top right side of the invoice. The account balance due will say $0.00 if your automatic payment was processed;
- On the bottom left side of the invoice. It will read “Please do not remit payment. The amount due for this delivery/service will be automatically deducted from the Checking/Savings or Credit Card that you have listed with us.”
If something didn’t process correctly, you will receive a call from one of our customer service representatives and the invoice will show an account balance due.
Interested in becoming an auto pay customer, call our office at 800-874-1975. If you wish to use a bank account (checking/savings) download the form here, complete the form and return via the method on the form.
How this pandemic affects your energy consumption
These are certainly unusual times. A virus, COVID-19, that is affecting the entire world in ways we’ve never imagine. A term, social distancing, that many have not heard before has left many at home.
We are now living in a new normal. The way we are living, and working have changed significantly. Right now, many of us are may be confined to the walls we call home. Only venturing out when absolutely necessary – for groceries, supplies, etc.
You may not give it much thought, but this can significantly affect your home heating fuel usage. If you’re on automatic delivery it can drastically impact our estimate of your usage.
For automatic delivery, there are quite a few factors that go into our estimate of your usage. Past usage history, degree days and K-Factor. Please refer to this blog post to learn more about our calculation process.
We’ve got degree days (Wow was it a warm winter!) and K-Factor but there is nothing in anyone’s previous usage history to account for what’s going on now. Nowhere in our automatic delivery program is there a checkbox for Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19.
This is where you come in. If you are on automatic delivery and have been practicing the #stayhome routine, you are undoubtedly using more energy – and perhaps blowing up the internet. Please check your propane gas and fuel oil gauges regularly. Should you notice your propane gas tank getting down towards 30% or your oil tank near ¼ give us a call.
This applies even more to customers who have moved into their second homes. Rather than have you run out because we don’t know you’re there, check your tank. Let’s #stayhomestaysafe and also let CES know when your tank is getting low. Call us at 800-874-1975 to order heating fuel.
- We continue to closely monitor the updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), state health departments and other experts. We have increased health and safety at every local office following best practices for preventative measures.
- Many of our customers interact with us remotely, limiting the exposure between our employees. Deliveries are made to tanks outside your home or business. We strongly encourage our customers to continue to interact remotely online or over the phone. Our customer service representatives will continue to be available over the phone. You can also perform many common tasks – scheduling a home heating oil delivery, paying a bill, reviewing past invoices through our online portal or mobile apps. Visit our website for details. We recommend that you call before coming to any of our locations. The situation may dictate that we close our storefronts without notice.
- We recommend that our employees follow the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for disease prevention. These include cleaning your hands often with soap & water for at least 20 seconds or using hand sanitizer when available. We ask that our employees forgo customary handshakes and to keep a safe distance between themselves and others. Social distancing practices call for avoiding any unnecessary physical contact. Let’s say hello with a smile and not a handshake.