Customers have the right to know that the firm delivering propane or providing propane service is qualified. All installations are completed in accordance with NFPA54 and NFPA58 and all state and local codes. By signing the front of our New Customer Information Form you agree you have reviewed all the information on it and that it is accurate. You also agree to the Terms of Service and Company Policies as well as all updates posted on this website. Posted fees are accurate as of October 8, 2019 and are subject to change without notice.
- Terms of Service
- Payment Plans & Options
- Equipment Fees
- Service Fees
- Discontinuance of Propane Service
Terms of Service
Customers have the right to know about any special conditions of service that would be applied to their account by their supplier. Combined Energy Services (CES) will provide service subject to the following conditions:
- Credit application is required.
- CES reserves the right to require payment at time of delivery (cash on delivery – COD) for customers who are not credit approved. COD customers are able to submit payment via: Cash, Certified Check, Personal Check, Debit Card or Credit Card.
- Payments (other than COD or Advanced Payment Deliveries) are required within 10 days, if credit approved, of delivery. Late payments are subject to a late fee of 1.5% monthly or 18% per annum.
- The following are CES acceptable delivery methods: Automatic Delivery – Deliveries are made on a period schedule or a degree day based system. Automatic Delivery is a free service offered to all customers. The service is merely intended to assist customers from running out of fuel. There are many variables, such as increased fuel consumption, issues in unattended homes and inclement weather, which make such guarantees impossible. Customer Requested Delivery – (will call deliveries) The customer calls for deliveries. CES must be notified 5-7 working days before the desired delivery date. If you run out before we are in your area there are delivery fees that will apply. Fees are as follows (Always COD):
Mon – Fri 7:00 am – 3:00 pm $200.00 Mon – Fri 3:00 pm – 7:00 am $250.00 Weekends & Holidays All $250.00
There is a minimum delivery for fuel oil of 150 gallons. Any delivery for propane less than a “fill” is subject to the short delivery fee. Requests for a short delivery are subject to a $75 delivery charge. This does not apply to our automatic delivery customers. We encourage all customers to go on automatic/keep full deliveries and to use our convenient 12-month BUDGET PAYMENT PLAN which will spread your bills out evenly. If a customer runs out of gas the system must be pressure tested (leak checked) prior to resuming service. This action is classified as a billable service call and will be charged our prevailing hourly rate during normal business hours and an overtime rate after normal business hours. If the driver does the pressure test, a fee of $50.00 plus tax may be incurred. If a service tech needs to come out after the delivery driver was there (whether the customer wasn’t there or an additional issue), then the customer will be billed at the service rate of $119 plus tax for a minimum of 1 hour during regular business hours plus parts if needed. If the service is after hours, the the charge will be the overtime rate of $179.00 plus tax for a minimum of 1 hour plus parts if needed. New Jersey rate are $124.00 regular and $186.00 overtime.
5. In order to service your account and/or collect any amounts owed, you agree that CES may call any telephone number associated with your account, including mobile telephone numbers, which could result in additional mobile charges. It is understood and agreed that we may also contact by sending text messages, emails or other forms of electronic means using any email address or contact information associated with the account. Additional methods of contact may include, but not limited to, pre-recorded/artificial voice messages and/or the use of automated dialing devices.
Payment Plans & Options
Payment Options: Customers have the right to a price quote in a format that allows for comparison shopping. CES charges for propane based on a per gallon basis. Metered service will be read in cubic feet and converted into gallons for comparison purposes. The price of propane, like any commodity, changes over time. This will affect the bill as the price fluctuates. CES pricing policies will determine how often the bill is adjusted to account for changes in cost of propane. For your convenience, we offer the following pricing options:
- Market Budget Plan: Payments for the year are divided into a fixed monthly payment based on projected usage over a number of months. The payment is adjusted as needed. The market price will fluctuate based on changes in the market.
- Capped Budget Plan: We take the customers projected usage and charge a cap fee per gallon. The cap fee is worked into monthly budget payments to secure the fuel and have a “ceiling price” (price will not rise above that amount). If the market price decreases, you receive the lower price but will not pay more than the secured capped price. The cap fee is non-refundable.
- Fixed Budget Plan: This plan is based on your projected usage and the customer is quoted at a fixed price. The customer is then locked into this fixed (locked) price. Regardless of market price during the Fixed Budget Plan, the price will remain fixed for the term of the budget. The quote is based off usage from October 1 to April 30th. There are no additional fees for this contract.
- Capped Price PreBuy: Customers cap the amount of gallons they would like to use in for the heating season in advance to secure a “ceiling price.” The cap fee must be paid in advance for the number of gallons being capped. There is a minimum 500 gallons associated with this pricing option. The cap fee is non-refundable.
- Fixed Price PreBuy: Customer is able purchase a desirable amount of gallons for the heating season in advance at a fixed price. There is a minimum of 500 gallons associated with this pricing option. Other restrictions may apply.
- The prebuy and gallons are only good from October 1 through April 30. The 500 gallons must be for this period, not for a full year. Any delivery before or after the prebuy is billed at the current regular rate.
Customers have the right to rent equipment from Combined Energy Services or use their own equipment. The following are equipment related fees customers should expect :
- Tank Installation Fee associated with a new service.
- Replacement Tank Fee associated with an existing service.
- Rental Fee for tanks and regulators when using CES’ equipment.
- Inspection Fee for tanks and regulators when customer owned equipment is used. The fee is applied prior to initial delivery and annually thereafter.
- Service Fee for work performed on customer’s equipment.
- Pressure Testing Fee (leak checking) testing the customer’s system under the following conditions:
- Prior to establishment of service.
- Interuption of service of any kind, i.e. tanks run-outs, connecting temporary tanks.
- Annual Minimum: All company owned tanks require a minimum amount of gas to be purchased per year based on tank capacity as per agreement (contact the office for your minimum usage requirement.)
- Weigh for Credit Fee: Occurs when customer terminates their services and wishes to receive credit for gas in tank. CES weighs the tank for credit.
Fees for service work as based on the specifics of the particular job being performed. Therefore, all prices are estimated and determined on a case by case basis. When estimates cannot be provided, all work will be furnished on a time and material basis at our current prevailing rate. Contact the office to get the minimum hourly rate.
- Bleed Furnace and Start-up fees
- Collection Fee
- Finance Charges and Late Fees
- Fuel Surcharges (per delivery/service)
- Labor Fees for Service Work (during working hours, after hours & holiday rates vary)
- Light Pilot Fee
Change of Supplier / Discontinuance of Propane Service
Customers have the right to change suppliers if they are dissatisfied with the price or services offered. The following conditions apply to a discontinuance of service:
- CES will remove their container within 30 days of written notification to discontinue service from the customer.
- CES will notify the customer of the removal date which is approximately 2 days prior to removal.
- CES will charge for the removal of the container and for any restocking charges that may apply should the tank need to be evacuated of remaining propane.
- CES will credit the customer for any gas remaining in the tank within seven days from the time of the equipment removal. A Weigh for Credit Fee will be incurred.
- NJ Customers: At one or two family residential properties the new marketers may disconnect and move containers owned by others: however, the new marketer may not fill a container owned by another marketer. At other properties, the new marketers cannot remove, connect, disconnect, fill, or refill any propane container without written permission from the owner of the container.
Disconnection of Service – Non Payment: Customers have the right to be notified seven days prior to the disconnection of service for nonpayment.
- Exit the building, without using the telephone or cell phone, operating any electrical switches, lighting any matches or smoking materials.
- If possible, turn off the gas at the container or meter valve.
- Call 911 from a neighbor’s home.
- DO NOT re-enter the building until emergency responder tell you it is safe to do so. Your marketer is required to respond in case of an emergency.
**All Tracpipe installations require bonding by the customer’s electrician**