Propane Gas Overhead Radiant Heating – The SMART Choice for Commercial Buildings
A propane gas overhead radiant heating system installed by Combined Energy Services emulates the efficiency of the sun. This method of heating allows the source of heat to begin at floor level – not the ceiling level. Once the infrared energy is absorbed by floors, machinery, vehicles, stock and people, it’s re-radiated to warm the surrounding air. This makes it the most efficient and effective heating method for diverse conditions present in warehouses, storerooms and other immense structures.
What is Infrared Heating?
Infrared heats people, floors, walls and other surfaces directly without heating the air first. The result is an instant warming effect, similar to the effect felt when the sun emerges from the clouds on a chilly day. When heating an enclosed building this way, objects in the space absorb the emitted infrared energy. Once absorbed, the energy is converted into heat which in turn warms the surrounding air. With convection space heating, the air must first be heated and then circulated in order to warm objects and people in the space.
Through various methods of heat transfer (radiation, re-radiation and convection) the air is heated secondarily as it passes over the warm concrete. Therefore, the heaters can be controlled by air temperature sensing thermostats.
This methold of heating, as opposed to filling a room with warm air (such as a forced air furnace) allows the source of heat to begin at the floor level and not the ceiling. This makes it the most efficient and effective method in which to heat under the diverse conditions that exist in warehouses, storerooms and even outside dining areas for restaurants.
Why radiant heat with Combined Energy Services?
- Almost 50 years propane installation experience
- Handle your install from start to finish including heaters, piping, tanks & propane gas
- Service: our trained techs are available 24/7 to handle any problems which may arise
- We install the best brands on the market
- Heating experience: over the last 50 years CES has installed dozens of commercial radiant heating systems with experience 2nd to none in the region, backed by the manufacturers which assist us on every system design to ensure proper heating every time!
For more information or free estimate to see if overhead radiant can work for your building — call 800-874-1975 or fill out the form and we will contact you promptly.